The Church of St Michael’s, with its associated college, was opened in 1856 to promote and revive Anglican church music under the guidance of Sir Frederick Ouseley. This it did until the college’s closure in 1985. The St Michael’s College Society still flourishes.
The church continued to be the parish church for the small parish of St Michael’s. It is now part of the Tenbury Team Ministry which has 13 churches in around Tenbury Wells, in the counties of Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Shropshire, all within the Diocese of Hereford.
St Michael’s is an active village with a great deal going on: for more information see the village website.
New monthly service pattern from January 2019:
First Sunday: 10am, lay-led family service.
Second Sunday: 11am, Parish Communion (Common Worship).
Third Sunday: 10am, lay-led Morning Prayer.
Fourth Sunday: 11am, Holy Communion (BCP) (usually sung by the church choir or visiting choirs).